Trust Your Project To The Gas Piping Experts
Gas Piping is our specialty, we have a real edge in knowledge of our trade over fully mechanical companies. This gives us the best chance of minimal damage to sheetrock, siding, etc. especially when finding and repairing gas leaks or routing for gas lines in retrofit applications
I’m one of the only Certified Master Gas Pipe Fitters in the Portland Oregon & Vancouver Washington Metro areas. Though you only need to be a full Master Fitter to run Propane in certain applications, I was determined to achieve this certification because I want to be the best in my trade. — Jeremiah Doty, Owner/ Operator of J&M Services.
Specializing in Gas Piping has advantages for our clientsBeing a Gas Piping specialty company has many advantages: We are able to purchase our materials in bulk; We get more pipe delivered monthly than large 40+ employee companies, giving us a significant costs savings. We only use the best tools for out trade: Ridgid name brand aluminum pipe wrenches, CSST specific tubing cutters and self oiling Ridgid 300 compact pipe machines These tools are well known as the best in the business. Many of our competitors use tri-stand machines that must be assembled and disassembled at each job. While it takes their technicians 30 minutes to set up for the job, it only takes us 5 minutes. Their machines cost them about $1,500 each. Ours run over $4,500. So the higher quality equipment we use goes hand in hand with our commitment to providing the highest level of service. Meanwhile our vans are specifically set up for gas piping, allowing us to cut labor time and pass the savings on to our customers. Of the FULLY Licensed contractors, we're the cheapest in the area. Bottom line -- More bang for your hard earned buck!
Common Gas Piping Applications
- Gas Generators are great for power outages due to typical Northwest storms! Most new units automatically turn on in the event of a power outage. With gasoline or diesel units, the fuel can become stale, causing fuel line blockage and eventually equipment failure. This is not a problem with Propane or Natural Gas units. Natural Gas or Propane generators are very common Commercial gas piping applications as well.
- Gas Clothes Dryers use very little energy in comparison to their electrical counterparts, and most units will produce more heat. They hook up safely to the homes existing Dryer Vent. Laundromats or Apartment complexes; we are fully licensed and experts in Commercial gas piping. Keep in mind, we are also fully licensed for Commercial Duct repair as well as Gas Piping in Portland Or and Vancouver Washington, so we can take care of your entire project on either side of the river.
- Cooking with Gas is one of our personal favorites! BBQ Grills are an American way of life. If you already have gas in your home, don't hassle with filling 5 gallon tanks, paying too much for your fuel and possible running out of gas while grilling. Adding a Gas line to your deck or patio for your Barbeque is inexpensive and will save you time & money in the long run. Cooking with gas in your kitchen allows temperature control that electrical counterparts cannot match. Gas piping restaurant owners are getting substantial energy costs savings by upgrading their kitchen's to gas appliances. *Although we do not retail any Gas Cooking appliances, we have business friends that do and may be able to point you in the right direction. We do offer Gas Appliance installation, done safely & professionally.
- Gas Powered Shop/Garage or Patio Heaters are available in many options. Radiant heaters have no blower, and only require a low voltage line to ignite the burner. Radiant heaters are perfect for heating open areas or non-insulated spaces. I personally have one in my non-insulated metal shop. They’re wonderful here in the Pacific Northwest, allowing homeowners to get year round warm use of their patio or deck areas. Blower style shop heaters are great, heating large area much quicker then similar electrical units. Large tube style radiant heaters are a perfect example of commercial gas piping applications. Very common to install natural gas radiant heat over a dining area and offer your customers year round outdoor dining. Also perfect for specific workspace requirements, where there is no need to waste energy heating an entire area.
- Log Lighters allow the homeowner to keep their traditional wood burning fireplaces, but skip the hassle associated with them. A rod with many holes drilled into it is plumbed into the fireplace. Simply stack your firewood on top, turn on the Key Valve and light the bar with a BBQ lighter or long wooden match. No more paper, expensive fire starter logs, fires going out, etc.! This allows our customers to keep burning wood with minimal changes & expense to their existing fireplace.
- Gas Log Sets: Many homeowners do not wish to continue burning wood in their fireplaces. A gas log set keeps that “Real Fireplace” feel, and puts out a good amount of heat as well. Traditional match lit units are very common, or users can upgrade to a millivolt system with a remote control (just like the TV or DVD player). Retrofitting a brick or masonry fireplace with gas piping to a log lighter, log set or fireplace insert is a simple process and very affordable. Fireplace inserts are installed into the existing fireplace, and look just like a “Normal” gas fireplace. Most inserts require a chimney liner to be installed inside of the existing chimney, ensuring safe removal of the Gas Fumes. For our commercial gas piping customers, nothing adds ambience to a lobby, restaurant or anywhere your customers are present than a Natural Gas or Propane fireplace or log set.
- Free Standing or 'Built In" Gas Fireplaces are very common, and very simple/cost effective to install. With the addition of a fan blower inside the fireplace, this is a great option to heat a new addition to the house instead of adding a heat run from the duct system.
- HOT TIP: When planning the layout for a new gas fireplace that must be vented, keep in mind the outdoor vent termination must be no closer than 3' from any opening into the home, and must be 10' from the Natural Gas Meter or Propane Regulator. If at all possible, plan for the fireplace to be on an outside wall so the vent can be configured as a "Direct Vent", saving substantially on materials & labor costs.
- Outdoor Gas Fire Pits are becoming much more common in the Northwest. They add a great ambiance in an outdoor entertainment area. Freestanding kits have greatly lowered the costs, avoiding the added expense of any stone or masonry work. Everyone loves standing around a warm fire outside on chilly evenings! Homeowners can enjoy hassle free entertainment, as well as instant lighting and adjustment of the flame. Try doing that with a traditional wood fire pit! Commercial gas piping applications include outdoor dining area's, hotel courtyards, or anywhere else you need to create a warm inviting feel for your customers. Gas lighting is becoming increasingly popular, and there are more options to choose from than ever. Gas Torches on the post's of your deck with a Gas Firepit surrounded by comfortable seating creates an atmosphere only real flame can deliver.
- Underground Gas Piping in Portland Or and Vancouver Washington Metro's has become much more affordable with the introduction of Polyurethane Plastic Piping. This is the exact same product NW Natural uses, along with all your local Propane Providers. Hot tubs in the middle of the back yard (or firepits, BBQ’s etc) are much more affordable utilizing poly pipe. Another common application we're seeing more often for underground gas piping Portland Or / Vancouver Washington areas is providing gas service to outbuildings. It’s very simple to add gas service to a remote guest house, or to a detached shop or garage. Commercial customers can now add gas lines to your new outbuildings without the costs of adding a new Gas Meter and service line from NW Natural.