Common Gas Piping Applications
- Gas Generators are great for power outages caused by our typical Pacific Northwest storms! Most new units automatically turn on in the event of a power outage. With gasoline or diesel units, the fuel can become stale, causing fuel line blockage and eventually equipment failure. This is not a problem with Propane or Natural Gas units. Natural Gas or Propane generators are also a very common Commercial gas piping application as well.
- Gas Clothes Dryers use very little energy in comparison to their electrical counterparts, and most gas dryers will produce more heat. They hook up safely to your homes existing Dryer Vent. Laundromats or Apartment complexes; we are fully licensed and experts in Commercial gas piping. Keep in mind, we are also fully licensed for Commercial Duct repair as well as Gas Piping in the Portland Or and Vancouver Washington Metro’s. We can take care of your entire project on either side of the river!
- Cooking with Gas is one of our personal favorites! BBQ Grills are an American way of life. If you already have gas in your home, don’t hassle with filling 5 gallon tanks, paying too much for your fuel and possible running out of gas while grilling. Adding a Gas line to your deck or patio for your Barbecue is inexpensive and will save you time & money in the long run. Cooking with gas in your kitchen allows temperature control that electrical counterparts just can’t match. Commercial Gas piping Clients such as restaurant owners are getting substantial energy costs savings by upgrading their kitchen’s to gas appliances. We also do Ventilation and Duct installation, the advantage to you as a customer is a simplified process for your kitchen update. *Although we do not retail any Gas Cooking appliances, we have business friends that do and may be able to point you in the right direction. We do offer Gas Appliance installation, done safely & professionally.
- Gas Powered Shop/Garage or Patio Heaters are available for many different applications. Radiant heaters have no blower, and only require a low voltage line to ignite the burner. Radiant heaters are perfect for heating open areas or non-insulated spaces. I personally have one in my non-insulated metal shop. They’re wonderful here in the Pacific Northwest, allowing homeowners year round sunshine-warm use of their patio or deck areas. Blower style shop heaters are great, heating larger areas much quicker then similar electrical units. Large tube style gas radiant heaters are a perfect example of a common commercial gas piping application. It’s also very common for restuarant’s to install natural gas radiant heat over a dining area and offer their customers year round outdoor dining. Also perfect for specific workspace requirements, where there is no need to waste energy heating an entire area.
- Log Lighters allow the homeowner to keep their traditional wood burning fireplaces, but skip the hassles & mess associated with them. A rod with rows of holes drilled into it is plumbed into the fireplace. Simply stack your firewood on top, turn on the Key Valve and light the bar with a BBQ lighter or long wooden match. No more paper, expensive fire starter logs, fires going out, etc.! This allows our customers to keep burning wood with minimal changes & expense to their existing fireplace.
- Gas Log Sets: Many homeowners do not wish to continue burning wood in their fireplaces. A gas log set keeps that “Real Fireplace” feel, and puts out a good amount of heat as well. Traditional match lit units are very common, or users can upgrade to a millivolt system with a remote control (just like the TV or DVD player). Retrofitting a brick or masonry fireplace with gas piping to a log lighter, log set or fireplace insert is a common job for us and very affordable. Fireplace inserts are installed into the existing fireplace, and look just like a “Normal” gas fireplace. Most inserts require a chimney liner to be installed inside of the existing chimney, ensuring safe removal of the Gas Fumes. For our commercial gas piping customers, nothing adds ambiance to a lobby, restaurant or anywhere your customers are present than a Natural Gas or Propane fireplace or log set.
- Free Standing or ‘Built In” Gas Fireplaces are very common, and very simple & cost effective to install. With the addition of a fan blower inside the fireplace, this is a great option to heat a new addition to the house instead of adding a heat run from the duct system.
- HOT TIP: When planning the layout for a new gas fireplace that must be vented, keep in mind the outdoor vent termination must be no closer than 3′ from any opening into the home, and must be 10′ from the Natural Gas Meter or Propane Regulator. If at all possible, plan for the fireplace to be on an outside wall so the vent can be configured as a “Direct Vent”, saving substantially on materials & labor costs.
- Outdoor Gas Fire Pits are becoming much more popular in the Northwest. They add a great ambiance to any outdoor entertainment area! Freestanding kits have greatly lowered the costs, avoiding the added expense of any stone or masonry work. Everyone loves standing around a warm fire outside on chilly evenings! Homeowners can enjoy hassle free entertainment, as well as instant lighting and flame adjustment. Try doing that with a traditional wood fire pit! Commercial gas piping applications include outdoor dining area’s, hotel courtyards, or anywhere else you need to create a warm inviting feeling for your customers. Gas lighting is also becoming increasingly popular, and there are more options to choose from than ever. Gas Tiki Torches on the post’s of your deck with a centered Gas Firepit surrounded by comfortable seating creates an atmosphere only real flame can deliver.
- Underground Gas Piping in Portland Or and Vancouver Washington Metro’s has become much more affordable with the introduction of Polyurethane Plastic Piping. This is the exact same product NW Natural uses, along with all your local Propane Providers. Hot tubs in the middle of the back yard (or firepits, BBQ’s etc) are much more affordable utilizing poly pipe. Another common application we’re seeing more often for underground gas piping in Portland Or / Vancouver Washington areas is providing gas service to outbuildings & ADU’s. It’s very simple to add gas service to a remote guest house, or to a detached shop or garage. Commercial customers can now add gas lines to your new outbuildings without the costs of adding a new Gas Meter and service line from NW Natural.
New applications for our Gas Piping Installation are popping up every day! Whatever your gas piping needs may be, we’re committed to helping you get setup safely, efficiently, attractively and affordably.
For more information or to make an appointment please give us a call.
SW Washington & Vancouver Gas Piping Customers call us at 360-263-5600
NW Oregon & Portland Gas Piping Customers can reach us at 503-680-0195
You can also use the Contact Form here